Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy, Åbo Akademi University, Turku
Recognition of Adenine-containing Ligands, and Pyridoxyl-phosphate, by Proteins of Unrelated Tertiary Structure
Professor Gunnar von Heijne, Department of Biochemistry, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Professor Reijo Lahti, Department of Biochemistry, University of Turku, Turku
Professor Russell F. Doolittle, Department of Chemistry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Professor Mark S. Johnson, Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy, Åbo Akademi University, Turku
- Denessiouk KA, Lehtonen JV, Korpela T, Johnson MS. (1998) Two 'unrelated' families of ATP-dependent enzymes share extensive structural similarities about their cofactor binding sites. Protein Sci. 7:1136-1146.
- Denessiouk KA, Lehtonen JV, Johnson MS. (1998) Enzyme-mononucleotide interactions: three different folds share common structural elements for ATP recognition. Protein Sci. 7:1768-1771.
- Lehtonen JV, Denessiouk KA, May ACW, Johnson MS. (1999) Finding local structural similarities between families of unrelated protein structures: A generic non-linear alignment algorithm, Proteins: Struct. Funct. Genet. 34:341-355.
- Denessiouk KA, Denesyuk AI, Lehtonen JV, Korpela T, Johnson MS. (1999) Common structural elements in the architecture of the cofactor-binding domains in unrelated families of pyridoxal phosphate-dependent enzymes. Proteins: Struct. Funct. Genet. 35:250-261.
- Denessiouk K, Johnson MS. (2000) When fold is not important: A common structural framework for adenine and AMP binding in 12 unrelated protein families, Proteins: Struct. Funct. Genet. 38:310-326.
- Denessiouk KA, Rantanen V-V, & Johnson MS. (2001) Adenine recognition: a motif present in ATP-, CoA-, NAD-, NADP- and FAD-dependent proteins, Proteins: Struct. Funct. Genet. 44:282-91.