Institute of Biotechnology, Helsinki Bioenergetics Group, University of Helsinki
Oxygen reduction and proton translocation by cytochrome c oxidase
Doc. Roman Tuma, Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, UK
Research Assistant Professor Joel Morgan, Department of Biology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA
Professor Peter R. Rich, Glynn Laboratory of Bioenergetics, Department of Biology, University College London, UK
Professor Carl G. Gahmberg, Division of Biochemistry, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Helsinki
- Gorbikova E, Vuorilehto K, Wikstrom M & Verkhovsky MI. (2006) Redox titration of all electron carriers of cytochrome c oxidase by FTIR spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 45:5641-5649.
- Gorbikova E, Belevich I, Wikström M & Verkhovsky MI. (2008) The proton donor for O-O bond scission by cytochrome c oxidase. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA.105:10733-10737.
- Gorbikova EA, Wikström M, Verkhovsky MI (2008). The protonation state of the cross-linked tyrosine during the catalytic cycle of cytochrome c oxidase. J Biol Chem. 283: 34907-34912.
- Gorbikova E, Belevich NP, Wikström M & Verkhovsky MI. (2007) Protolytic Reactions on Reduction of Cytochrome c Oxidase Studied by ATR-FTIR Spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 46:4177-4183.
- Gorbikova E, Belevich NP, Wikström M & Verkhovsky MI. (2007) Time-resolved ATR-FTIR spectroscopy of the oxygen reaction in the D124N mutant of cytochrome c oxidase from Paracoccus denitrificans. Biochemistry. 46:13141-13148.