ISB 2009 Students' Spring Meeting, May 27 - 28
Theme: Talk – Communication in science!
Location: University of Jyväskylä's Konnevesi Research Station
The organizing committee is
- Anders Björkbom, Åbo Akademi University (abjorkbo at abo.fi)
- Elisa Nurminen, University of Jyväskylä (elmanurm at jyu.fi)
- Heidi Repo, University of Helsinki (heidi.repo at helsinki.fi)
Wednesday 27. 5.
- 05:30 Bus leaves from Turku (outside the Dentalia building)
- 07:30 Bus stops in Tampere (Tampere and Helsinki people join)
- 10:15 Bus stops in Jyväskylä
- 11:30 Arrival at Konnevesi research station
- 11:30 Lunch and checking into rooms
- 12:30 Opening words
- 12:40 Pasi Kankaanpää: How to get your message through!
- 13:10 Sofia Sinimäki, speech therapist: Let your voice be heard - short functional training
- 14:00 Coffee break
- 14:30 Let your voice be heard - short functional training, continued
- 16:40 Student talks
- 16:40 Tiia Koho: What makes a good talk a good talk?
- 16:55 Mirko Maksimainen: A good scientific article
- 17:10 Group work time
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:00 Sauna
- 21:00 Evening snack
Thursday 28. 5.
- 08:00 Breakfast
- 09:00 Hannu Ylönen, station director: Introduction to Konnevesi research Station
- 09:20 Student talks: How to adapt to a new research environment?
- 09:20 Barbara Niederhauser
- 09:35 Thadee Grocholski
- 09:50 Coffee and last chance for speaker coaching
- 10:20 Student talks: New techniques in biosciences
- 10:20 Sini Junttila: Roche 454 high-throughput sequencing
- 10:35 Heikki Takala: Bimolecular fluorescence complementation as an interaction analysis tool
- 10:50 Terhi Kuru: BODIPY-cholesterol in the study of model membrane and cellular cholesterol trafficking
- 11:05 Milla-Riina Neffling: Mass spectrometry
- 11:20 Anni Vehmas: Mass spectrometry imaging
- 11:35 Lunch
- 12:30 Departure