The collection of musical instruments at the Sibelius Museum began with donations
presented by shipowner Curt Mattson and Professor Otto Andersson in the 1920s.
The collection has expanded over the years, and today it contains over 1950 instruments of
which about 300 are on display. Most instruments are European art or folk music instruments,
but the collection also includes specimens from all over the world.
An complete on-line catalogue of the collections is available on the museum's intranet.