The 35th Finnish Summer School on Probability Theory and Statistics, June 3rd--7th, 2013
The 35th Finnish Summer School on Probability Theory and Statistics will be arranged at Päivölän Kansanopisto from June 3rd to June 7th, 2013. The school is arranged by The Finnish Doctoral Programme in Stochastics and Statistics.
The program is made up of three series of lectures by invited speakers.
The summer school begins on Monday June 3th at 12 noon with lunch and ends on Friday June 7th around 1 p.m.
Registrations are due by May 23th 2013. The course fee (20 €) is to be paid on location.
Follow the link for the program and the list of the participants . There might be minor changes in the program.
The link for the abstracts of PhD students' presentations .
- Jaakko Lehtomaa (University of Helsinki): On rough asymptotic behaviour of ruin probabilities in a general
discrete risk model
- Li Zitong (University of Helsinki): A Bayesian non-parametric approach for mapping dynamic quantitative traits
- Liisa Iivonen (University of Oulu): Paleotemperature reconstructions using a
spatio-temporal multicore Bayesian model
- Lauri Viitasaari (Aalto University): Parameter estimation for discretely observed fractional Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process of the second kind
- Mikko Kuronen (University of Jyväskylä): Binomial random intersection digraph
- Pekka Aalto (University of Jyväskylä): Rumor spreading on the complete graph with spreaders and listeners
- Ta Quoc Bao (Åbo Akademi): Optimal stopping of strong Markov processes
The venue Päivölän Kansanopisto is located at Sääksmäki, Valkeakoski, which is in between Hämeenlinna (30 km) and Tampere (40 km). The closest railway station is at Toijala, which is 9 km from the venue.